- ANU provides the GP VPN (Global Protect Virtual Private Network) for users to remotely access a range of ANU and RSB internal services (websites, fileshares, print services), when off campus, or on campus using ANU Secure wifi, and not connected with an ethernet cable.
- GlobalProtect (GP) is compatable with Windows, Mac, and some Linux operating systems.
- Some sites (e.g. https://intranet.biology.anu.edu.au/, or https://anulib.anu.edu.au ) are best accessed through virtual.anu.edu.au from off-campus.
PLEASE NOTE: Cisco AnyConnect was decommissioned 17 July 2020.
Please switch to Global Protect and contact RSB IT if you experience any access problems.
GlobalProtect VPN (2020 onwards)
- Download GlobalProtect for Win or Mac
- How to install on Windows or Mac
- How to install on Ubuntu 18, or other Linux distros.
- Tom's video guide to the GlobalProtect VPN
- Next steps:
- Once connected via vpn, browse to your files - if you don't know how, look in point 9 of this guide - it's accessible to VPN/RSB network connected users only.
- Need support? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to log a job request with RSB IT.
- Other ways to remotely access files and services are on the RSB Staff Services & Policies page.