- ANU provides the GP VPN (Global Protect Virtual Private Network) for users to remotely access a range of ANU and RSB internal services (websites, fileshares, print services), when off campus, or on campus using ANU Secure wifi, and not connected with an ethernet cable.
- Some sites (e.g. https://intranet.biology.anu.edu.au/, or https://anulib.anu.edu.au ) are best accessed through virtual.anu.edu.au from off-campus.
- GlobalProtect (GP) is compatable with Windows, Mac, and some Linux operating systems, for both ANU managed machines and personal devices.
- The three ANU GlobalProtect portals are below.
- For staff. Access is granted on request to IT services
- For students. Access is automatically granted
- For visitors. Access is granted on request to IT services.
After connection to an ANU portal is established, access to the RSB network (fileshares, servers and printers) is arranged on request to RSB IT.
PLEASE NOTE: Personal (BYOD) devices with GlobalProtect can access RSB services (fileshares, servers, and printers), with the exception of student BYODs, which can access fileshares, and servers, but not printers, through student-access.anu.edu.au
- Download GlobalProtect for Win or Mac
- How to install on Windows or Mac
- How to install on Ubuntu 20/21, or other Linux distros.
- Tom's video guide to the GlobalProtect VPN
- Next steps:
- Once connected via the vpn, and RSB network browse to your files - if you don't know how, look in points 9 and 10 of this guide.
- Need support? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to log a job request with RSB IT.
- Other ways to remotely access files and services are on the RSB Staff Services & Policies page.