Fahrer Group - Immunology
The Group is focused on two main areas of research at the moment:
- A very simple and inexpensive cancer immunotherapy treatment I have come up with, involving a single injection of an immune stimulant into a tumour.
- A bioinformatics study looking for novel proteins in different genomes. We have just recently around 2000 novel proteins from humans and mice.
- Almonte, A, Cavic, G, Neeman, T, Enders, A, Fahrer, A.M. (2022) Gut microbiome-depleting antibiotic regimens are not tolerated by all mouse strains: learn from (our) bitter experience, Journal for ImmunoTherapy of Cancer, Volume 10, Issue 11.
- Carroll, C, Andrew, E, Malik, L et al. (2021), Simple and effective bacterial-based intratumoral cancer immunotherapy, Journal for ImmunoTherapy of Cancer, vol. 9, no. 9.
- Almonte, A, Rangarajan, H, Yip, D et al. (2020) How does the gut microbiome influence immune checkpoint blockade therapy?, Immunology and Cell Biology, 99: 361–372.
- Wang, J, Gross, G, Andrew, E et al. (2019) A predicted novel protein isoform of HOXA9, Leukemia Research, 82:7-10.
- Carroll, C, Altin, J, Neeman, T et al. (2015) Repeated fine-needle aspiration of solid tumours in mice allows the identification of multiple infiltrating immune cell types, Journal of Immunological Methods, 425:102-107.
- Wilson L.O., Spriggs A, Taylor J.M., Fahrer A.M. (2014) A novel splicing outcome reveals more than 2000 new mammalian protein isoforms.Bioinformatics. Jan 15;30(2):151-6
- Wilson, L.O; Fahrer, A.M. (2013) Condensins, chromatin remodeling and gene transcription, Chromatin Remodelling, Dr Danuta Radzioch (Ed.), ISBN: 978-953-51-1087-3 InTech. Also available from InTech Open
- Fahrer, Aude M, (2012). A proposal for a simple and inexpensive therapeutic cancer vaccine, Immunology and Cell Biology 90 (3) 310-313
- Theodoratos, Angelo; Wilson, Laurence O. W.; Gosling, Katharine M.; et al. (2012) Splice variants of the condensin II gene Ncaph2 include alternative reading frame translations of exon 1, Febs Journal 279 (8) 1422-1432
- Theodoratos, A; Whittle, B; Enders, A; et al. (2010), Mouse strains with point mutations in TAP1 and TAP2, Immunology and Cell Biology 88 (1) 72-78
- Gosling, KM; Goodnow, CC; Verma, NK; et al (2008), Defective T-cell function leading to reduced antibody production in a kleisin-beta mutant mouse, Immunology 125 (2) 208-217
- Gosling, KM; Makaroff, LE; Theodoratos, A; et al (2007) A mutation in a chromosome condensin II subunit, kleisin beta, specifically disrupts T cell development, Proceedings of the National Academy Of Sciences of the United States Of America 104 (30) 12445-12450
- Liston, A; Lesage, S; Gray, DHD; et al, (2004) Generalized resistance to thymic deletion in the NOD mouse: A polygenic trait characterized by defective induction of Bim, Immunity 21 (6) 817-830
- Fahrer, AM; Bazan, JF; Papathanasiou, P; et al (2001) A genomic view of immunology, Nature 409 (6822) 836-838
- Fahrer, AM; Konigshofer, Y; Kerr, EM; et al,(2001) Attributes of gamma delta intraepithelial lymphocytes as suggested by their transcriptional profile, Proceedings of the National Academy Of Sciences of the United States Of America 98 (18) 10261-10266.
Roles of IgM in immunity to malaria in humans
A key mediator of protective immunity to malaria is antibodies that block merozoite invasion of the RBC.
Identifying the drug binding site(s) of P-glycoprotein
The multidrug resistance protein P-glycoprotein (P-gp) is characterized by its ability to bind and/or transport many chemically, structurally, and
PhD Exit Seminar Complete Freund’s Adjuvant (CFA) as an effective cancer immunotherapy.
Intratumoural injection of complete Freund’s adjuvant (CFA), an emulsion of heat-killed Mycobacterium butyricum, is a novel and effective ca