Details of projects for Honours and PhD students are not advertised on this public website. However, a number of highly suitable projects are always available, so if you are interested in any area mentioned above please phone or email for a discussion on designing a challenging project that suits your interests.
A few example of project areas include:
- Molecular and physiological analysis of CO2 concentrating mechanisms (CCMs) in cyanobacteria and microalgae including phylogenetic and evolutionary analysis of CCM components.
- Exploiting CCM components to engineer crop plants with greater productivity under semi-arid conditions expected under climate change.
- Dertermining kinetic data for diverse forms of bicaronate transporters and co-relating specific amino acid residues with affinity for bicarbonate.
- Phylogenetic analysis of CCM gene evolution and detection of horizontal gene transfer (HGT).
- How are carboxysomes (Rubisco containing mini-organelles) assembled in cyanobacteria?