Due to a continued growth in commitments, Justin Borevitz has stepped aside from the formal directorship of the Australian Plant Phenomics Facility (APPF) ANU node.
Dr Tim Brown has agreed to take on the role of Director from the 1st July. Tim has been working with the node for the last three years, and has led the design and implementation of all the image-based phenomics capabilities at APPF ANU node, including the development of APPF ANU phenomics tools such as:
- the chamber and glasshouse camera hardware and timelapse capture systems;
- camera control and image management and processing pipeline;
- web-based timelapse player,
- point cloud and gigapixel imaging systems,
- visualization tools and control software, and
- TraitCapture pipelines and websites.
Tim and the APPF team are located in the new APPF office situated in part of the old teaching and learning office next to the Linnaeus drop-in centre, Bldg 134.