Would you like to learn more about Indigenous Australian culture and knowledge?
ANU biology and health and medical science students now have the opportunity to enrol in an intensive online course in Indigenous Culture & the Environment at Charles Darwin University in Darwin during the winter break (between Semester 1 and 2). The CDU course counts as an elective (unspecified later year non science course) toward your ANU degree. You will enrol in this course under a cross-institutional enrolment arrangement, so any tuition fees will be paid directly to CDU, and all teaching and assessment will be conducted by CDU staff.
IAS353 Indigenous Cultures and the Environment (Dry Season Online Intensive 2021)
This course explores the enduring associations between Indigenous people, their cultures and the natural environment. This is an introductory course that will give a broad overview of Indigenous understanding of the natural and the role of indigenous knowledge in the contemporary management of natural and cultural resources. The course will be conducted entirely online, with interactive small-group classes with CDU academics and Indigenous knowledge holders. The course will run as a five-day intensive from Monday 21st to Friday 25th June 2021. Students will then complete online assessment activities, with support from CDU staff.
How to apply
- Complete the Application to study elsewhere on a cross-institutional basis, applications are available on the website. Your application should be submitted via email to email@example.com and will likely take two weeks or more to be assessed and approved by the College of Science. It is your responsibility to be aware of any enrolment deadlines at CDU and to allow ample times for ANU approval and process. Please apply by mid May to ensure enough time for paperwork to be processed.
- Once your ANU application is approved, you will need to apply for CDU cross-institutional enrolment and application form is available here.
- After you complete the course, it is your responsibility to arrange a copy of an official transcript to be submitted to the ANU College of Science Office for the granting of course credit. Application for course credit transfer (PDF, 576.23 KB) or download the document from the website under Step 5.
Application Contact Details:
- For ANU applicaitons, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For CDU applications, please email email@example.com
Fees: Cross-institutional students are subject to the rules of CDU including those relating to fees and academic progress. If you're not eligible for either HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP at your home institution, you will not be eligible at CDU.
You will also be liable for the Student Services and Amenities Fees at CDU.