The School has done very well with regards to Discovery projects and DECRA fellowships. Congratulations to all successful applicants.
- Marilyn C Ball (PS); Catherine E; Oliveira Lovelock, Professor Rafael; et al., Top-down rehydration: role of multiple water sources in mangrove function, DP150104437, $428.9K
Andrew Cockburn; Loeske Kruuk; Martijn van de Pol (all EEG). Can inbreeding avoidance cause the evolution of sex-biased dispersal? DP150100298, $515.42K
- Michael Djordjevic (PS); Douglas Cook, Michael Udvardi, Rene Geurts, CEP peptides provide a new paradigm for improving N-fixation and root shape, DP150104250, $452K
- Scott Keogh (EEG), Phenotypic diversity dynamics at a continental scale, DP150102403, $355K
- Kiaran Kirk (BSB); Giel van Dooren (BSB); Stefan Broer (BSB);Ian Cockburn(JCSMR), A novel family of amino acid transporter in Apicomplexan parasites, DP150102883, $560K
- Robert Magrath (EEG); Andrew Radford; Esteban Fernandez-Juricic, Not lost in translation: how to get information from other species’ calls? DP150102632, $469.6K
- Ulrike Mathesius (PS), The key to making root nodules - new tricks of old hormones, DP150102002, $417.4K
- Rod Peakall (EEG); Eran Pichersky; Celeste Linde (EEG); Peter Weston, The biosynthesis and evolution of novel semiochemicals in orchids, DP150102762, $644.8K
- John Rathjen (PS) Identification of pathogen receptors and signalling proteins from plants, DP150101695, $419.3K
- Jochen Zeil (EEG); Wolfgang Stuerzl, Acquiring and using views for homing, DP150102699, $386.2K.
RSB academics in externally hosted grants
- Graham Farquhar (PS) (through the James Cook University) DP150100588. Unsaturation of vapour pressure inside leaves: fundamental, but unknown. 2015-2017 $511,100K
- Naomi Langmore,(EEG) DP150101652 (through the University of Melbourne)
- Sarah Pryke (EEG) DP150101044, (through the University of Melbourne)
- Jochen Zeil and Ajay Narendra (EEG) (through Macquarie University), DP150101172.
- Steven Eichten (Borevitz Group, PS & EEG)
Beyond Genes: how the extended genotype of plants facilitates adaption, DE150101206, $372.5K
- Nicholas Matzke (hosted by Craig Moritz, EEG, Bayesian hierarchical model for biogeography, E150101773, $369.5K
- Daniel Noble (hosted by Scott Keogh, EEG), Early environmental effects on phenotypic development and evolution, DE150101774, $372K
- Ryan Phillips (hosted by Rod Peakall, EEG), Pollination by sexual deception and the evolution of specialisation $387 K
- Benjamin Schwessinger (hosted by John Rathjen, PS) The evolution of stripe rust virulence DE150101897 $341K
- Kara Youngentob (hosted by Bill Foley, EEG), More than pretty pictures? Ecological applications of aerial remote sensing DE150101870, $342.1K.