The ANU remote service allows access to a range of ANU and RSB internal services, fileshares and the RSB Intranet, without connection to the office ethernet cable. It is compatible with Windows and Mac OSX computers. Please contact the RSB IT Support Staff (6125 4321 Option 2-1-2, or log a job) for information on remote access to locally-operated services and support. Some remote services ( e.g. https://anulib.anu.edu.au ) should be accessed using virtual.anu.edu.au.
GlobalProtect VPN (2020 onwards)
CISCO AnyConnect VPN (pre 2020 service)
This service still operates, but will be decomissioned. RSB IT have added all staff and to have your account added to the RSB VPN service.
- Once you have been added, navigate to http://itservices.anu.edu.au/it-security/vpn/virtual-private-network-service-clients/ and download a client appropriate to your system.
- Linux users can try this tar file: https://staticfiles.technoserv.com/ts-it/vpn/anyconnect-linux64-4.8.02045-predeploy-k9.tar.gz
- Or, if you're on an ANU PC, go to your start menu and search for 'Software Centre' . This is the ANU App store. You can download App Store items without requiring Administrator rights.
Open the VPN client and configure to the following settings:
- Connect to anuvpn.anu.edu.au if this option doesn't exist, type or copy-paste it into the dialogue box
- Enter username, which is your ANU ID followed by "@rsb" (eg u1234567@rsb)
- Enter your password. If it doesn't connect, check that there's nothing listed in your browser's 'bypass proxy' settings for hosts or domains.
- Need support? Email email@example.com to log a job request with RSB IT.
- Other ways to remotely access files and services are on the RSB Staff Services & Policies page.