The Three Minute Thesis (3MT) is an international competition for higher degree research students to showcase their research. Students have to talk about what their research is and why it is important in plain language for three minutes, with only a single PowerPoint slide.
Six students were selected to represent RSB:
- Mrinalini Pratap (Maier group) Molecular velcro: How the Plasmodium parasite wins the Human-malaria war'
- Hong Kiat Lim (O'Neill Group) Blood stem cells: the saviour of blood cancer patients
- Meng Zhang (Maier Group) The Maurer’s Clefts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in Malaria Hogsmeade
- Jacinta Watkins (Pogson Group) When fats make you stronger!
- Melanie Ridgway (Maier Group) Sexist Science at the Apocalypse
- Estee Tee (Pogson Group) Taking a Cellfie – Plant signals to update its status.
The winner of the ANU 3MT final on 14 September will go on to compete in the Asia Pacific final, held at the University of Queensland on 30th of September.