- Doctor of Philosophy in Plant Sciences; Australian National University (2014-present)
- Master of Science in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology; University of the Philippines, Los Baños, Laguna (2008-2013)
- Bachelor of Science in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology; University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City (2003-2007).
- Lee Rice Foundation Scholarship
- ANU HDR Merit Scholarship MS degree
- Academic excellence awardee BS degree, cum laude
In line with the C4 Rice Project and the goal of the Centre of Excellence for Translational Photosynthesis to increase plant yield through photosynthesis, my current research is on comparison of transport mechanisms between rice (C3) and setaria (C4) plants with focus on plasmodesmata. This work will involve the implementation of advanced techniques such as electron microscopy and 3D imaging.
Areas of expertise include large-scale generation and high-throughput anatomical screen of sorghum mutant population, western blotting and gas exchange measurement in transgenic rice population, and fluorescence microscopy techniques for immunolocalisation work in rice and maize.