The ANU Bioinformatics Consultancy (ABC), ANU Statistical Consulting Unit (SCU) and RSB Computational Biology and Bioinformatics Unit (CBBU) are organizing a series of workshops for students and staff of ANU College of Medicine, Biology & Environment.
- The workshops will take place during the Semester 1 Teaching Break and will start at 9:30am, finish at 4:30pm with lunch break 12:30 – 1:30.
- You will need to bring your laptop. We have a few laptops which we can lend for the course of the workshops. Please inquire ahead.
- To sign up please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 17th specifying the workshop(s) you would like to attend.
- All workshops are listed on the TIC and the CBBU websites.
- The workshops are offered at no cost.
- The number of places is limited, we will be giving priority to the Honours and PhD students and postdocs.
Demystifying Linux – Using The Unix Shell
Topics covered include:
- File system and directory structure.
- Use of the terminal (command line interface).
- Basic Linux shell (bash) commands and tools.
- Remote computing - remote login and file transfer.