Verma Lab - Bacterial and bacteriophage genetics, and vaccine development
|Teaching | Research | Research opportunities | Lab members | Lab awards | Publications | Grants|
BIOL2142: General Microbiology (Convenor)
BIOL3141: Infection and Immunity
Supervision of PhB, ASC's and other undergraduate research projects
Bacterial and bacteriophage genetics, and vaccine development
Student research opportunities
Lab awards and achievements
University Medals awarded to the members of the lab
Robyn Smith (1995)
Alice Lord (1996)
Mathew Adams (1999)
Katharine Gosling (2002) (joint supervision with Dr Fahrer)
Adele Lehane (2004)
Zarshis Avari (2011) (joint supervision with Dr Behm)
1. Rusden, A.D., Stephenson, D.P. and Verma, N.K. (2013) Topological Investigation of Glucosyltransferase V in Shigella flexneri using the Substituted Cysteine Accessibility Method. Biochemistry 16;52(15):2655-2661.
2. Thanweer F and Verma, N.K. (2012) Identification of critical residues of the serotype modifying O-acetyltransferase of Shigella flexneri. BMC Biochem.15: 13(1):13-21.
3. Linterman, M., Beaton, L., Yu, D., Ramiscal, R., Srivastava, M., Hogan, J., Verma, N.K., Smyth M., Rigby, R. and Vinuesa, C.G. (2010) IL-21 acts directly on B cells to regulate Bcl-6 expression and germinal center responses. Journal of Experimental Medicine 207: 353 - 363.
4. Stagg, R., Tang, Swee-Seong, Carlin, N.,Talukder, K., Cam, P. and Verma, N. K. (2009) A novel glucosyltransferase involved in O-antigen modification of Shigella flexneri serotype 1c. Journal of Bacteriology 191: 6612 - 6617.
5. Korres, H. and Verma, N. K. (2006) Identification of essential loops and residues of Glucosyltransferase V (GtrV) of Shigella flexneri. Molecular Membrane Biology 23: 407-419.
6. Lehane, A.M., Korres, H. and Verma N.K. (2005) Bacteriophage-encoded glucosyltransferase GtrII of Shigella flexneri : membrane topology and identification of critical residues. Biochemical J., 389: 137-143.
7. Korres, H. and Verma, N. K. (2004) Topological analysis of glucosyltransferase GtrV of Shigella flexneri by a dual reporter system and identification of a unique reentrant loop. Journal of Biological Chemistry 279: 22469-22476.
8. Jennison, A.V. and Verma, N.K. (2004) Shigella flexneri infection: pathogenesis and vaccine development. FEMS Microbiology Reviews 28: 43-58.
9. Allison, G.E., Angeles, D., Tran-Dinh, N. and Verma, N.K. (2002) The complete genome sequence of SfV, a serotype-converting temperate bacteriophage of Shigella flexneri. Journal of Bacteriology 184: 1974-1987.
10. Allison, G.E. and Verma, N.K. (2000) Serotype-converting bacteriophages and O-antigen modification in Shigella flexneri. Trends in Microbiology 8: 17-23.
All publicationsClick here to see a full list of publications on the ISI website...
N. Verma: NHMRC Research Project Grant (2006-2008): Molecular basis of O-antigen modification and genomics of serotype-converting bacteriophages of Shigella flexneri
N. Verma: ANU College of Medicine, Biology and Environment Grant (2010)
N. Verma: NHMRC Research Project Grant (2011-2013): Structural and functional analysis of glucosyltransferases involved in O-antigen modification of Shigella flexneri